In the News
Chef Paul’s knowledge, passion, and down to earth attitude have earned him international recognition and the opportunity to speak and present at numerous events with media coverage. He has been invited as a guest chef and speaker to global events such as Cook it Raw, Terroir Symposium and The Cayman Cookout, Monterey Bay Aquarium and Canada House in London, England.
He has served five years as an international judge for San Pellegrino’s The World’s 50 Best Restaurants, and as Sous Chef for his good friend Chef Michael Smith on Iron Chef America, in Battle Avocado. Paul is frequently in the media, appearing on a number of television shows on CTV, Global and City TV in Canada.
During Canada’s 150 Year Anniversary, Chef Paul was invited as a guest chef for Canada’s C3 Expedition, a 150-day expedition from Toronto to Victoria that inspired a deeper understanding of our land, our peoples and our country. He has also partnered with Canada Beef, hosted week-long epicurean events in Mexico with The El Dorado Hotel, and was an inaugural Canadian Chef at Mexico’s Chili Pepper Festival.
A few of the accolades and recognition Paul has received for his work as a chef, restaurant owner and food advocate include:
- The World’s Best 100 Restaurants, San Pellegrino Awards
- Pinnacle Award; Independent Restaurateur of the Year, Canadian Food Service & Hospitality Magazine
- Independent Restaurateur of the Year, Food Service and Hospitality Magazine
- Canada’s 100 Best Restaurants
- Alberta’s Most Influential People, Alberta Venture Magazine
- Good Food Innovation Award, University of Guelph Food Day Canada
- Distinguished Alumni, Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
- Best Overall Restaurant, Where Magazine
- #1 Tried, Tested & True, Avenue Magazine, Calgary
- #1 Best Overall Restaurant, Avenue Magazine
- Canada’s Best Restaurants, Vacay.ca
- Twenty Business Leaders of Tomorrow, Business in Calgary Magazine
- Leadership and Support of Organic and Sustainable Cuisine, Monterey Bay Aquarium, California, USA